Help us create Silverwood Park
We welcome volunteers to help us fulfill the Silverwood mission.
How would you like to help?
- Farmstead maintenance (ex: upkeep, cleaning, gardening)
- Natural areas (ex: invasive species removal, planting)
- Event volunteers (Barn Dance, Harvest Fest, fundraisers, etc.)
- Educational volunteers (ex: events, workshops, summer school)
- Outreach/promotion/fundraising (ex: website, events, funds appeals)
- Committee members (short or long-term projects, events, etc.)
- FoSP Board members (six Board meetings annually + committee work)
Immediate volunteer needs
Website Blogger & Photographer
Silverwood Park’s new website needs a person or two who can help FoSP tell the public what’s happening at the park. Do you have writing skills or photography as a hobby?
Invasive Species Removal
The quest to rid the park of buckthorn, honeysuckle, thistle and other problem plants is on-going. Join our conservation volunteers in outdoor work that includes restoration of the old oak savanna!
Friends Board Member
FoSP seeks active community members who are interested in supporting the park long-term by serving on our Board of Directors, including attending meetings and strategizing to fulfill the park mission.
Send a message to explore volunteering
Fill out the form below. Our volunteer coordinator will be in touch.